AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Get full control of Analytics account off of agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are in the middle of a dispute with our old agency and our Analytics account was created, and is controlled, by them - we have full access but we want to get rid of their access and become the account administrator. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Get full control of Analytics account off of agency

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Independent L,

All you need is account level User Management. If you have it, just go to Admin>>Account>> User Management Then filter for the emails associated with the agency and select delete.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Theo - we are in a similar situation and can no longer reach our vendor, who originally created the account.  As a results we do not have Admin level permissions at the account level.  Where can I dispute this and gain control so that we can remove the vendor and secure the account? 

Thanks,

Scott

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Scott,

Check out this post for instructions.  

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn