Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Get email address from an analytics ID

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We  have noticed that our Analytics tracking have not worked for a very long time. We have the script on our web site and it looks fine, but it has an Analytics ID that we dont really know anything about. So we are currently logging traffic, but to an account that either doesnt exist or that we dont have access to.

We would like to be able to somehow see if that Analytics ID is active, and if it is get the login email address for it to be able to save all of that tracking data that are there.

Is there any way to achieve this? We have ownership of the particular domain so we can prove that we own it. But we would need to know how to prove it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I noticed this post, is it OK to create a TXT record for the domain with that information in it instead of uploading a text file to the servers?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Get email address from an analytics ID

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Michael,

Yes, that is exactly the procedure you need to follow. (The post in your edit.)

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Michael,

Yes you can access your domain provider (wherever you created your domain) and find the section on adding DNS records.

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michael,

I seem to have the same problem. I have installed google analytics on a wordpress site using a plugin. But dont seem to remember the email i used. Can you tell how i can recover the email id. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sachin