Analytics
5.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Gaining access to "manage users"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. For some reason, no one on our team has the permissions to add new people to our Google Analytics account. The account was set up before I started, so I'm not sure what happened with the settings. I've poked around in the back end and haven't been able to find a solution. Is there a way to reset the account so that I can set myself up to be able to add and delete users? We're only using one email to access our analytics (the organization's gmail account, which is a general, organization-wide email for admin purposes that anyone can use). No other email is connected to the account, so it's not a question of someone else having the "manage users" permissions set up via a different account. I've never run into this issue before and would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks in advance!

Gaining access to "manage users"

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

To add or modify users, you must have Manage Users permission at the account, property, or view level. You can add or modify users at each level for which you have permission.

It seems you don't have manage users permission. I would suggest you to either reclaim your GA account by using following method @ https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Or create a new GA account and modify tracking code to get data will highest level of permission. Your historical data won't disapper in your existing account. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks