AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

GA shows zero visitors but real time is ok

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm experiencing something similar to this: Why Zero visitors? (but fine on real time view)

This issue started yesterday. This is tracking code:

<script>	(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
		(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
		m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
	})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','__gaTracker');

__gaTracker('create', 'UA-xxxxxxxx-x', 'auto');
	__gaTracker('set', 'forceSSL', true);
	__gaTracker('require', 'displayfeatures');
	__gaTracker('require', 'linkid', 'linkid.js');
	__gaTracker('send','pageview');

</script>

I don't know where to start as the tracking function is working fine as real time shows but no data is being recorded in the account. Please, help us...
Smiley Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rodrigo R
March 2016

Re: GA shows zero visitors but real time is ok

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rodrigo

Tracking code looks fine.
Usually if Real Time is working ok.. then that is an indicator that tracking is working without any issues.
Google does not guarantee same day data in the standard reports - often data will turn up on the same day but its
not a 'given' and normal reporting latency is 24-48hrs.

I would check yesterdays data tomorrow to see if it has caught up.

Also if you are using a 3rd party plugin for adding the tracking code and it doesn't work as expected, you will need to folllow
up with the plugin creator via their own site or their support thread for the plugin on wordpress.org.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rodrigo R
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rodrigo

Tracking code looks fine.
Usually if Real Time is working ok.. then that is an indicator that tracking is working without any issues.
Google does not guarantee same day data in the standard reports - often data will turn up on the same day but its
not a 'given' and normal reporting latency is 24-48hrs.

I would check yesterdays data tomorrow to see if it has caught up.

Also if you are using a 3rd party plugin for adding the tracking code and it doesn't work as expected, you will need to folllow
up with the plugin creator via their own site or their support thread for the plugin on wordpress.org.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bronwyn V,

Thanks for applying your specialyst view on this issue.

This latency has never seen before in our account, but the traffic these days has increased a lot.

It really fits these standards of latency as the dataset of 19/3 is already available now and the dataset of today is still missing.

Topic solved. Thanks.

Rodrigo