Analytics
3.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

GA access lost along with history

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to speak/email with someone from google analytics. We have lost our access and potentially our history.  This is very frustrating as our third party IT people informed us that it is "just gone and to start a new one."  That someone "deleted our account".  I do not accept this since they have been reporting to us the results of GA for over two years now.  Our company owns the website and we have a UA account number, just no way to access since people have come and gone from the company.  I want google to tell me who had access last and cancelled.....  How do we regain our historical data?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David, sorry you are having such a stressful time with this.

You could try to recover the account, there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

If you don't already have an adwords account, you will need to create one to log into, to access the support options within the adwords interface.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Bronwyn, I will look into that.   On the ad words account I think that is part of the problem is we (the company) has had all of this and now our 3rd party IT company is saying it is just gone, start a new one etc.....  So bummed for various reasons, "how could we let this happen" now it is my problem when, we pay people a lot of money to make sure this does not happen.  now I have to do this myself....