Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

GA Code look up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We have a existing GA Code "UA-33924993-1" on our website. However, we can not access the report data. What recommendations are there on how can get access to the GA reports?

Thank you,

JT Gunter 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA Code look up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jerrod G,

Do you also use AdWords by chance? And do you have edit ability for the website? If you do have a AdWords account tied to the property (if a paused/unused one), AdWords support can help with this rather easily. 

To initiate the process of regaining access to your Analytics account, please visit this link. Have the following info:

1) The UA-XXXX-X of the account you require access to. (which you have posted)

2) Please specify the level of access you require i.e if you require access at the account level or at the property level. (Account level :UA-XXXX, Property level :UA-XXXX-X).

Once you have done so, please let us know how things go and if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: GA Code look up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This GA code is associated with an learning management system (LMS), so we do not use AdWords. I also discovered that this code was managed by a person who no longer works for my company and it was tied to their google account.

What are our options?

Can we get a new account and code?

If I swap out the codes how will that impact our reports?

Thank you.