Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

GA Account Lost after Enabling 2-Factor Authentication

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I enabled 2-Factor Authentication on my GSuite email and it revoked an OAuth Grant to my Google Analytics account, which I use with the Google Analytics for Wordpress Dashboard plugin. When I go to my Google Analytics account on Google.com, there is no record of years of tracking and data for my domain. My account and property are both gone.

I have reenabled the Analytics API and verified my domain in the Google Developers API Console. I reauthenticated the plugin but it doesn't have anything to pull from–tracking data is not visible on Google.com either. I do not see a way to re-enter my existing tracking ID in the GA Admin panel. Please help me preserve years of analytics data.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

GA Account Lost after Enabling 2-Factor Authentication

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Marcy,

Make sure that you are in the correct Google account ( I know it's obvious but easy to do).

If not you can regain access by following this post:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn