Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Finding Account For GTM ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an old six character GTM ID on our site.  But when we log into our Google account it shows a newer seven character ID.  We have been using the old ID for quite some time and want access to that data.  How do we find out which account that ID is tied to?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Finding Account For GTM ID

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Michael,

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you want to do is to see which account your data is being sent to, correct?

There are several things you could try doing:

1. The easiest would be to go to your site, and enable Google Tag Assistant. That will tell you which GTM container is on the site, and also which GA property ID your data is being sent to.

2. Alternatively, you could go directly into your GTM container, look at your pageview tag, and see which property it has been configured to send data to (it would be in the "Tracking ID" field).

3. Another option, and probably most "technical", would be to enable the dev console, check your pageview hit, see which ID the hit was sent to (it would be the "tid" field).

There are probably a few other ways, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Hope one works for you.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn