Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Existing account sign in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an analytics account about two weeks ago.  When I go to look at my analytics I can only sign up for a new account.  How do I access my existing account.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Existing account sign in

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Were you logged into the same google account via the same email address at the time you created it?
Have you tried logging out and clearing all cache and cookies in your browser?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Existing account sign in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem. I logged out of my account, cleared all cache and cookies, logged into my account, and my only option in Google Analytics is to sign up for a new account. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Existing account sign in

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Do you or have you had another email address associated with your google account?
A google account does not require a gmail address. often ppl will create a google account using a non gmail address and then add gmail later to their account. If this is done, the gmail address then becomes the google account login..

however the analytics account has them added under their non gmail email address so it ends up with a conflict.

Some ppl have more than one email account associated with their google account. Some google products allow for user switching between the accounts.. I may be wrong but last i checked, analytics isnt one of those products

Does anyone else have admin access to the analytics account that can check your details and readd you if necessary

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Existing account sign in

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not have any luck. The only thing I can thing is that my laptop is
older and it may not be getting the updates for Chrome. Also we have three
google mail accounts so I am not sure if that is a problem.

I am going to try from my husband's computer and see if I do any better but
it looks like I will have to start all over.

Mary

--

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.

Existing account sign in

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You could try an account recovery, however it may only get you read access to the existing GA account.. it wont necessarily get you admin access.
You will need to create an Adwords account to access the support options 
There is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this
(its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Existing account sign in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a verification code and do not know where to post it.

Existing account sign in

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@James G .. a verification code for what?

Existing account sign in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar challenge (although I signed up last summer). The "sign in" button automatically redirects me to a "sign up" button.  This occurred only after the "new look"  was initiated...Could there be a problem with the "sign in" button? OR Where do I find the place to sign in? (Please not, I can;t even get to a screen to enter an email address, etc. I can ONLY sign up for a new account. (Which I have done accidently trying to find a place to sign in, so I have likely REALLY messed things up! lol. Thank you all for any help!

Existing account sign in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I stand before the world declaring my noviceness! I was logged in to google in another acct (not my g-mail acct)  When I tried to access Analytics from my gail account, ALL is RIGHT with the world!!!! Thank you @Bronwyn V, I appreciate you!!!