Analytics
2.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Exceeding Property Hit Limits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

A colleague of mine just got access to a GA account with a property well beyond the 10 million hits per month limit (this property receives around 60-70 million hits per month). In looking around, we could not see any warning from Google about exceeding the hit limit (this is not a 360 Account). It seems curious to me that Google would not even be giving a warning here, I'm advocating he pursue purchasing the 360 suite, but it seems like his client may just want to ride out the free version of the GA Account as they haven't received a warning at this point. Is this common? Is it just a matter of time before Google reaches out and restricts access to future data?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Exceeding Property Hit Limits

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeff B there were suggestions in the upper right corner in terms of consider upgrading to 360. Regardless 10 mil is a soft limit but should not be taken lightly as there is always the risk of breaking the ToS and thus risking collected data.

In any case having a standard GA account with 60-70 mil hits per month is really questionable as basically any custom query will result in sampling so the end effect of using this data would be hard to prove.

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net