Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Error when trying to move a Google Analytics property to a different account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A client has several Google Analytics properties, and we are trying to organise them in different accounts.

Whenever I try to move a property I receive the message "Internal error. Please try again later."

This has been going on for several days now.

I tried do clear browser cache and to login from different accounts, but the error is always appearing. We tried different computer and browsers.

I don't have any adblocking software.

Is there a solution for this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Is it possibly affected by one or more of the following situations

When you can't move a property

There are some circumstances in which you cannot move a property:

1. The source account and the destination account belong to different Analytics 360 Suite organizations.
  2. The source account does not belong to an Analytics 360 Suite organization, and the destination account does belong to an Analytics 360 Suite organization.
    Contact an organization admin to link the source account to the same organization as the destination account.
  3. The service level for the property is set to 360, and the account link to the organization has not been verified or the organization's admins have not activated the Suite experience. Contact an organization admin to either:
  4. You do not have the Manage Users and Edit permissions for the destination account.
  5. The property is linked to DoubleClick for Publishers.
    Contact your Google Analytics 360 Suite support representative to unlink the property. You can relink after the move.
    If you are moving the property to a destination account that is owned by a different legal entity than the source account, you have to sign a new linking contract.
  6. One or more unsampled reports are being processed for the property.
    Wait for the unsampled reports to finish processing, and then retry the move.
  7. The destination account already has the maximum number of properties (50 by default).
  8. The property is a Roll-Up Property or a Source Property.
    You cannot move a Roll-Up Property. If you want to move a Source Property, then you need to unlink it from the Roll-Up Property.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having same issue with our customer. I'm trying to move two customer site properties to separate account I created.

1. Not applicable. Analytics 360 not in use.
2. Not applicable. Analytics 360 not in use.
3. Not applicable. Analytics 360 not in use.
4. I have full permissions to both accounts and properties.
5. DoubleClick for Publishers is not used.
6. Not applicable. Analytics 360 not in use.
7. We are currently under maximum number of properties.
8. The property is a Source Property.

What should I try next?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
When you say you have full permissions to both accounts and properties 

are both using the same google account login for both the source and destination analytics accounts?

Have you tried logging out and clearing all browser cache and cookies before logging back in and retrying?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been experiencing the same issue, seeing error message
'Internal error. Please try again later."
I have tried this on several occasions over the ocurse of the last few days without success.

1. I have cleared cache and cookies
2. i am on the same case than Mikko N
3. i access both properties using the same google login

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Both accounts and property are created with my G Suite account.

I just logged in via incognito mode in my main browser (Firefox) and Chrome with caches cleared and got same error message when I tried to start moving the property.

Browser inspector tool displays error code 13 in response to starting the move if that's any help.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Couple of suggestions I will make (i don't work for Google, this is a user to user community for the most part)

@Mikko N & @Geoffroy D
1) Can you please make sure on both the source and destination accounts, under the account settings for each one, that the option is ticked for:

Technical Support RECOMMENDED - Let Google technical support representatives access your Google Analytics data and account when necessary to provide service and find solutions to technical issues

2) At the bottom of the analytics interface where the small nav that contains the links for Home, TOS, Privacy Policy and Send Feedback is. When you attempt to move a property and you get an error, please use the Send Feedback link, it will allow you to enter in information and include screenshot if you choose to etc and send it directly to Google

3) If either of the analytics accounts are associated with an adwords account, please log into adwords and contact adwords support, they offer limited support to adwords customers for analytics issues.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks, i reported feedback linking to this thread...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Problems seems to be fixed now. I started a move without changing anything and it looks like it started correctly.

Thanks.