Analytics
3.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Error when trying to invite users to a GA account or property

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know this error has been reported before, but I have not seen it in the context of adding new users to an account or property.

I am the admin of several GA accounts and when I try invite users, I get the error "Internal error. Please try again later". 

I've tried logging out, clearing cache, disabling AdBlock, using a different browser and using a colleague's browser and the error persists. 

Any ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same thing is happening with me. The "Internal error. Please try again later." message keeps coming up no matter what I try. I've tried on different computers, different browsers, without extensions, and connecting to different wifi networks. Nothing works.

I feel like there's something wrong with my account since nothing is working.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Hillwood,

Can you please provide the Error Code like "400 , 401 , 403 etc". So I can guide you to solve the issue. If you already solved the issue please post it here so it will help other co-googlers. Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ernest,

Can you please provide the Error Code like "400 , 401 , 403 etc". So I can guide you to solve the issue. If you already solved the issue please post it here so it will help other co-googlers. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nissanth,

There's no error code.. it literally just says "Internal error. Please try again later" in red. I tried it again just now and I'm still getting the error. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Hillwood,

Try this :::

When you access your GA page, you'll see a URL like this:

https://ads.google.com/analytics/web/?hl=en#home/aBunchOfNumbersAndLetters/

Change the "ads" to "www":

https://www.google.com/analytics/web/?hl=en#home/aBunchOfNumbersAndLetters/

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Try this also Hillwood,

Log out of your google account and clear all browser cache and browser cookies, that can often fix misc. issues.
Are you are using adblock or anything similar?
If you disable it, does the issue resolve?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'd recommend clearing your cache & cookies, you may also want to check if Ad Blocker / Ublock etc is running in your browser as it is known to conflict. Lastly you might want to try incognito (private) browsing. 

If none of these work then this is an issue that Google will have to sort out. If are using Google AdWords then call the number located under the settings cog and then press 2 for Analytics, I find this to be the most helpful support. If you don't have Adwords then you will need to call Analytics help (Good luck with that one)

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785?visit_id=1-636268281136326254-1393265517&rd=1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for all your help!

Nothing has worked so far, so it looks like I'll have to try calling Analytics help line =(

Any idea what that number is? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, same for me, I had already tried all of those but no luck so far. 

Ernest, if you do find a number or a solution, can you please post it here. I will do the same Smiley Happy