Analytics
6.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Error/warning on Google Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using Google Analytics for a while with no issues. However, yesterday I received a warning message on my account saying that "Property www.glyconllc.com is receiving data from redundant hostnames." 

I did not know what this meant, so I did a little research and found out that it is a redirect issue. Accounting to this article http://www.trevorayers.com/redundant-hostnames-notification-google-analytics-fix/  you have to redirect your www. site to a non-www. site, which I have been doing since the 1st day the site went live. 

Here is my code in my .htaccess file. 

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

### re-direct index.html to root / ###
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*\/index\.html\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.html$ /$1 [R=301,L]

So, if It is a redirect issue and I am redirecting the site already, then what else could the problem be?

Any help? 

Thank you! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Error/warning on Google Analytics account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Emin S,

I would click the link to have it rechecked as it could be a glitch. I reviewed your website and see it does redirect properly and you have canonical set-up, too. You could check your site settings in Google Search Console.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did check in webmaster tools and I have even checked with Screaming frag, no errors or issues there. Like you said it might be glitch in Analytics. Can Analytic settings cause this error? I have recently created a new "view" where I am filtering visitors from India. This is the only change I did. Could this cause the error in any way?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Emin S,

I think it is a glitch and would submit to recheck. Often time it comes back correct afterwards. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Very welcome, sir. 

Please let us know how things go with this.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I sure will. thanks again