Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Error message when trying to access Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get this error when trying to access/install google analytics: We are sorry, but you do not have access to Analytics. Please contact your domain administrator for access.

I have checked and verified that my email amartin@gelcorporat***.com is the email that is set as my administrator email.  

- I called my domain hosting company and they verified it
- I went on to WHOIS and verified it
- I took google's advice and went to https://admin.google.com/DOMAIN.com/ForgotAdminAccountInfo and verified it

No luck.  I still get this "we are sorry, but you do not have access to Analytics..." error when trying to access Google Analytics.  This is a google account (not G Suite) and I can't access anything higher than a user (i.e. not admin or super admin/user).  This problem has been ongoing with other things too besides Analytics.

Please help.

Thank you.

P.S.  I Am the one that created this website and I am the owner.  This issue has come up several times in the past.

Thanks.

Error message when trying to access Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You might be admin of your website, but you also need to create a Google Account. When arriving on the GA page, make sure you really have a Google account assigned with that same email. See instructions here. Do not do "sign in", do "create account" if you have never done it before (and you can use your existing email, you don't have to create a gmail.com account).