AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Error Message: "Internal error. Please try again later."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get the following message anytime I try to click on Reporting or Customization or Admin for any account. I can login and see the Home Page with all accounts, but once I click through any view I get the following message. Also, I've attempted this in the same Chrome browser but in incognito mode and I was able to access everything just fine.

Error Message

Internal error. Please try again later.

Analytics has encountered an unexpected condition and cannot fulfill your request.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandon C
March 2016

Re: Error Message: "Internal error. Please try again later."

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brandon :-)

Log out of your google account and clear all browser cache and browser cookies, that can often fix misc. issues.
Are you are using adblock or anything similar?
If you disable it, does the issue resolve?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brandon C
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brandon :-)

Log out of your google account and clear all browser cache and browser cookies, that can often fix misc. issues.
Are you are using adblock or anything similar?
If you disable it, does the issue resolve?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much! That was the issue. I had excluded GA from AdBlock, but not uBlock. Thanks for the quick response!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Happy to hear that is now resolved

Cheers
Bronwyn :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please help me!!!!
I had clear all browser cache and cookies.
I'm not using adblock or anything similar and I still receive same message:

Error Message
Internal error. Please try again later.

Analytics has encountered an unexpected condition and cannot fulfill your request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also having the same issue since Jan 2017 and no matter what I did... logout, delete cache etc and nothing helps.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try doing a fresh install of your browser.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same error when I try to compare dates on certain reports. Cleared cache, did everything and still it's not resolved. Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Havi,

Client had this problem. Did you rename or reuse one of your Goals? E.g. Goal 1 used to track contact form submits, now you changed it to track your newsletter subscription. When you compare a date range before the change, Analytics throws the error as that Goal has changed and the data is corrupted.

That is the cause, I dont have an easy answer. First step I would try is renaming Goals and changing goal settings back to their original values.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I checked everything and did everything that is suggested but still unable to fix the issue. Even trying from different browsers but still no luck. Is this problem faced by everyone or I am the only one who is getting this error is something I am thinking right now. Hope someone could help.