Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Entire GA profile nuked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't forget my email, or my password.  We didn't change administrators.  I set up a GA account, added the tracking script last April, haven't signed in much, but figured we'd accumulate data and start using it later.

I have all of my original setup information, because I saved it.  I was receiving emails from GA at that email address for about a month and a half.  I went to sign in to look at the analytics data, and Google made me create a new account because they had no record of the email.

What's going on?

Re: Entire GA profile nuked - lousy service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, my customer support agent has spent a lot of time denying that my email/login was deleted, because Google just does not do that. 

He has not explained how I had analytics emails spammed to my login account last year at this time, but when I went to login last week it said the email did not exist as a login ID.

Moving on, we inserted the text/script file at the root of our domains to verify ownership.  As instructed, I responded to his email with the url addresses for our sites.

The adwords-support email server rejects, as SPAM, emails that have a bunch of url addresses in them.

Nice work, Google.