Analytics
3.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Enabling the Search Console in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click on the 'Queries' in the 'Search Console' tab in GA I get directed to a page with a button that says: This report requires Search Console integration to be enabled.

When I click on that button I go through all the options on the new page and click 'Save'. My understanding is that my property or my website is now linked to the Search Console. I have previously verified my ownership of my website in GA.

GA shows me a message thats says:"Google systems show that you recently verified your site in Search Console..."

search console.png

I then went back to GA and clicked on Queries (under Search Console):

queries.png

But clicking on 'Queries' takes me back to the page saying I need to set up Search Console Data Sharing:

data sharing.png

I thought I had just done this!

Very confusing, I'm going round and round in circles.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author MICHAEL S
November 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Michael,

Mentioned below linke will hepls you to solve you problem:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1308621?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michael,

Step 1: Log in to Google Analytics Account

Step 2: Select the Admin Tab

Step 3:In Property Column,click Property Settings.

Step 4: At the bottom you can find Adjust Search Console.

Step 5: By Clicking on adjust search console You should see the URL of your website, which confirms that the website is verified in Search Console.

Step 6: Under Search Console, select the reporting view(s) in which you want to see Search Console data.

Step 7: Save

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to be using the same email for both Analytics and Search Console. When you click the 'Set up Search Console data sharing'. Click on the Property Settings tab. Then scroll to the bottom where the 'Add Search Console' button is. There will be an edit button which you need to follow. Finally and here is a crucial step, make sure you link the preferred domain!!!

Many clients are now using HTTPS. Make sure if they upgraded to this domain that this is the domain you link to in analytics.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG