Analytics
4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Do not have permissions to add/modify users - master account holder unknown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately, the owner of the master account of my organization's Google Analytics page is unknown. I have contacted our website host (who did not have any involvement in GA), and have attempted to contact the original developer of the site and have not heard a response.

I am able to log on to GA through a previous user's account who was added to our website's GA, but cannot add or modify users. Is there a way to override access so that I can become the master account holder?

I know you can do this with Google My Business if the business account holder doesn't respond within x number of days.

Thanks for any help you can give.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do not have permissions to add/modify users - master account holder unknown

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dani, sorry to hear you are having GA access issues

Sounds like you need to try an account recovery, there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here