Analytics
4.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Do I need a Google account to sign up to Goole Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds like a stupid question, but I'm putting together a website for someone & they have provided me with their Analytics code, but when I go to authenticate through a Wordpress plugin it requests a Google account.
Have tried to explain this to the client but they assure me they signed up with a particular email, that isn't a gmail account...
What do I need to do to be able to authenticate this account and get the code loaded on the Wordpress site??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do I need a Google account to sign up to Goole Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Fran M,

A Google account is basically a Google Analytics, AdWords, YouTube, etc... but a Google Account is not a Gmail account, as you can use any email address for a Google account (Analytics). 

It is usually the easiest to add Google Analytics code with a plugin versus hacking the raw code. Yoast SEO plugin will let you add Google Analytics code in less than five minutes and provide a lot of other useful info, too. Or you can follow these instructions provided by WordPress to do so, which will get it done, too. 

Further, your client/friend should add you (your email) to the Google Analytics account. This is what you need to do.

To add a new user to an account/property/view:

1. Sign in to your Analytics account.
  2. Select the Admin tab and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
  3. In the ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, or VIEW column (depending upon whether you want to add the user at the account, property, or view level), click User Management.
  4. Under Add permissions for, enter the email address for the user's Google Account.
  5. Select the permissions you want. Learn more about permissions.
  6. Select Notify this user by email to send a notification to each user you're adding.
  7. Click Add.

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fran M
October 2016

Re: Do I need a Google account to sign up to Goole Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Champion! Thanks James!

We are up and working - using WD Google Analytics by WebDorado at this
stage but I'll investigate Yoast SEO too!

Cheers
Fran

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.