Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancies in results between two gmail accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, how are you doing? Smiley Happy

Hope you can shed some light in this...

I recently started using Analytics for our wordpress website (www.projetoalimentodesperto.pt), and I associated my Gmail account with it. Due to lack of communication, my business partner did the same, so now we have two different accounts in analytics connected to our website using Google Analytics by MonsterInsight Plugin. When we access the two different reports, they show up different results (ex: number of sessions in the same day) and I would like to understand this difference, could any of you guys give us a hand with this?

Thank you so much for your time and help

Vitor

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vitor V
May 2016

Re: Discrepancies in results between two gmail accounts

Top Contributor
# 12
Top Contributor
As Arnold suggests, it may come down to a theme incompatibility.
The plugin has a paid option for ecommerce tracking
I would not test a default theme on the live site unless you are sure of what you are doing.
There are plugins that will allow an Admin to try another theme without it affecting site visitors, however
Ive not ever used one of them. I always test on a dev setup before deploying changes to a live situation.

I just installed the plugin on a dev site and once installed and authenticated correctly, it should show the tracking code,
similar to the following in the source code
<!-- This site uses the Google Analytics by MonsterInsights plugin v5.5 - Universal enabled - https://www.monsterinsights.com/ -->
&lt;script type="text/javascript">
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','__gaTracker');

__gaTracker('create', 'UA-XXXXXXXX-Y', 'auto');
__gaTracker('set', 'forceSSL', true);
__gaTracker('send','pageview');

&lt;/script&gt;
<!-- / Google Analytics by MonsterInsights -->

So, first I would try reinstalling and then reauthenticating, making sure to choose the correct Property/View
If that all goes to plan,
then yes, I would see about adding the other person to have access to the same GA account and/or property.

If reinstalling and re authentication doesn't work, then you have a couple of options.
- Seek help via the plugin creators, they may be able to inform you of any known issues/incompatibilities
or whether its because you need the ecommerce add-on.
- Find and try a different plugin
- Test with a default theme
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
I'm not seeing any tracking code as present on the above website when i check it with Google Tag Assistant or GA Debugger.

Regarding differences in tracking between the two Properties, unless the tracking code snippet is configured specifically for the presence of
of multiple trackers, data is going to be 'funky'.
Also bare in mind too.. normal reporting latency is 24-48hrs. Despite being the same website, this may vary between different users due to how the google servers handle the data load and processing of report data etc.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply, Bronwyn!
I ask you to be a bit patient with me, since I'm new to this world Smiley Happy
About the tracking code, I went to the google analytics plugin settings in wordpress and in the profile there is an authenticated code, which is the same that is in one of the google accounts (mine, not my colleagues). So why wouldnt a tracking code be found when checked in Google Tag Assistant or GA Debugger?

About the multiple trackers: does that mean that there should be a setting in the plugin to define multiple trackers? Or in the Google Analytics account?

Thank's again, have a nice day! Smiley Happy
V

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Usually for issues with 3rd party plugins not working as expected, you need to follow up with the support for the plugin on wordpress.org
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/google-analytics-for-wordpress

I'm not even seeing any indication of the MonsterInsight plugin being installed at this moment.
Is the MonsterInsight plugin activate?
Is that plugin also compatible with woocommerce?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Most plugins do not cater to multiple trackers.
The tracking code snippet needs to be edited in order to work for multiple trackers
Two trackers need to be specified and then the commands need to be sent to both
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/creating-trackers#working_w...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Vitor,

As Bronwyn mentioned, you have no tracking tags installed on your site at the moment. If you are receiving data in your properties that is most likely spam, that's why it is different.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Bronwyn! Smiley Happy
I will ask for help in the forum you suggested, thank you!
About the plugin, it is active, that's odd... I don't know about the compatibility issue, i've researched but can't find an answer. And I checked the plugin settings and there's no mention to woo commerce. Is there any analytics free plugin you would recommend which is compatible with woo commerce?

About the multiple trackers, I think we will sync only one google account with WP through the plugin, and then edit the permissions in that google account for the other user. That works the same, right?

Thank you so much for your help! Smiley Happy
V

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, Arnold! Thank you for helping.
I don't know why that would happen. I have Google Analytics by MonsterInsights installed and active, and in the settings page, there is an authentication code that is the same in the google analytics account. Is there anything else that should be done?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I dont think it is data for your website that you are seeing in the reports.
I'm not seeing any indication of a tracking code snippet or pageviews being tracked as I browse
the website.
Is there maybe more than one installation of WordPress?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting...
No, there's only one installation of WordPress! Maybe I should uninstall the plugin, delete the Google connection, and start over?