Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Different views same results

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi,

We've had our account set up since Feb 2014 with different views for All data, RAW and Main excluding internal IP's of our staff that includes a filter. In November we set up a new view that included a different filter to exclude IP and since then all views have been displaying the same Sessions, Avg. Session Duration and Bounce rate data.

We also have Universal analytics and applied the same but in February and the same happened.

We don't believe excluding the IP is the issue but has anyone come across similar?

Regards,

Marlon

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Different views same results

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Marlon,

My guess is that your IP filter is not working as expected. If you want to see if you are excluding anything you actually need to create an "include" filter based on the IP to see if it collects data, then you can use the pattern in an exclude filter. It's not a bad idea to keep a view for internal traffic as then you can see if your IP changed unbeknownst you.

Edit:  Please do this in a new view or testing view.  Smiley Happy  Also you can check your public IP in many ways, whatismyip.com is one.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Different views same results

N/A
# 3
N/A
Thanks Theo, I'll give this a go and let you know how I get on.
Regards,
Marlon