Analytics
4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Deleting property - New property, same domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Analytics Community Members!

I just deleted one of my properties. I know I have a chance to restore it within 35 days. Can I add a brand new property of the same domain without restoring it within the deletion period or would I have to wait after the 35 days is completed?

Thank You All in Advance!

Re: Deleting property - New property, same domain

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
You can add new property with the same domain as many times as you want, even without deletion of previous one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your response Tomasz_C!

In the "property" drop down arrow section, I selected "create new property." When I typed in the URL I've deleted already to start a new a new property, it stated "Property URL is invalid." I guess it's because the URL is still in the deletion process and cannot be re-used. I'll have to wait and see after the 35 days.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard J
February 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I think that's because you are placing url with http at the beginning or index.html or something at the end of the url.
Just put your website domain like www.example.com or example.com

property-url-invalid.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good Morning Tomasz_C

You're right! I was able to get it. Thank you very much for helping me with this! I appreciate it!