Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Deleting Old Property - Affecting New Property?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Forums,

Recently my website had an DNS switch.

After the Switch, I created a new property on Analytics to keep track of the new site. 

Though we have switch domains, old search results and links to our old site can be found.

My main question is, I am wondering if I delete my old property (which has the same info on the new property),

Will it affect my new property though we transferred all the data from the old property to the new property?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Career A
April 2016

Re: Deleting Old Property - Affecting New Property?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Generally speaking, properties are always separate to your digital assets. When you say you created a new property and received the data in the same, I assume the data is populated using some of your integrations with other Google products. There is no way you can transfer data across properties in GA

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Career A
April 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Generally speaking, properties are always separate to your digital assets. When you say you created a new property and received the data in the same, I assume the data is populated using some of your integrations with other Google products. There is no way you can transfer data across properties in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you JYOT!