Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Deleted View in Analytics account- Is data recoverable?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I work in an agency where one of our clients mistakenly deleted a view from their Analytics account.

We've been successful in recovering the view itself with all settings, but the data is nowhere to be seen.

Is there any way in which we can recover that information?

Thanks

Natalia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Natalia R
September 2016

Re: Deleted View in Analytics account- Is data recoverable?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Natalia,

please read the section what gets restored https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6154772?hl=en
it says any individual item you deleted can not be stored. while i will look for any possible way to get the data restored.

cheers

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Natalia,

how long its been since the view was deleted? have you recovered from the Trash Can?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, thanks for your reply/

The account was deleted on August 11th, and it was restored yesterday around noon. Traffic from yesterday onwards has been tracking normally, but old data isn't there.

Thanks

Natalia
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Natalia R
September 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Natalia,

please read the section what gets restored https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6154772?hl=en
it says any individual item you deleted can not be stored. while i will look for any possible way to get the data restored.

cheers