Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Deactive an Analytics domain from my personal Google Account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I used to work at an organisation and their website was/is associated with my personal Google account.

I left several years ago and have asked them to remove me from Analytics but I still see the sites in my account.

Can anyone give me an idea on how I go about removing? Making sure I do not cause any issues for the third party.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Deactive an Analytics domain from my personal Google Account

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jon,

You can remove yourself from the account. Log in to google analytics with the email/user you want to remove > Go to the admin page > Select user management (account, property or view) > and click "remove myself from this account"

If you have the administrator role then you will see a list of all the users, just click delete next to your user
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702#Delete

As long as you only remove yourself there shouldn't be any problem.

The only reason why you may not be able to remove yourself is that you are the only user in the account, in that case, you should add the email new manager of the account with admin permissions and then you will be able to delete your user.

Hope it helps

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Re: Deactive an Analytics domain from my personal Google Account

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jon,
Go to Google Analytics => Chose Account you want to remove yourself from => Chose Admin in the top right menu => Chose User Management under "Account" on the left => "remove myself from this account".

I assume third party must have GA access from other email id.

Thanks