Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Data Not Being Generated, Correct Tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am unable to receive any data and the test traffic data showed the correct website.  Why I am not receiving any data for analysis?EHS (2).JPG

Re: Data Not Being Generated, Correct Tracking ID

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeffrey,

Could you please give us the URL of your site? Then it's a bit easier to figure out what might be the issue. Smiley Happy

If your website is https://www.edmontonhumanesociety.com/ then you're watching the wrong Google Analytics account. UA-278712-14 is the Universal Analytics tracking code that is installed on this website.

Right now you're checking the account that has another tracking ID - UA-80440906-1.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What is the URL? How will I recognize or find the URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is the correct webstie.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

URL is a web address. Is https://www.edmontonhumanesociety.com the web address of your website? Smiley Happy

This is a web address for example:

URL.png

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
UA-80440906-2 is now the tracking ID as I tried to set up the analytics again. Still not working. Please assist.
I was unable to figure out how to set-up the correct ID to replace UA-80440906-2.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If your web address is https://www.edmontonhumanesociety.com then you're watching the wrong Google Analytics account. UA-278712-14 is the Universal Analytics tracking code that is installed on your website.

Right now you're checking the account that has another tracking ID - UA-80440906-1.

You should contact your website developer or webmaster in order to get the right access. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.
Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is correct? Any assistance is appreciated.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Jeffrey, if you would like to change the tracking ID, you'll need to change the tracking code on your website.
It means that you'll need an access to your content management system.

Taavi

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If possible, you should contact your webmaster and ask for the right access to your existing Google Analytics property/account. Your Google Analytics property number is UA-278712-14 - that is collecting the valuable data you may need. Smiley Happy

Taavi