Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Data Import Cost Data Profile Disappeared And Not Able To Add New

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been uploading marketing efforts cost data on a weekly basis to several of my Analytics account using the Data Import feature. 

Last night I wanted to do it again but all the cost data profiles have disappeared:

Also, I am not able to create a new profile, no views are selectable (1.) when selecting a cost data profile and going one step further, neither is any of the avaiable columns ie. ga:campaign, ga:source etc (2.). 

Anybody else having the same issue? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Are you sure you have top level access to that GA account.

if you cannot create view, filter then you have only view access level. 

Thanks,

Sura

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Thank you for your respone.

I have admin access rights and can create create/edit/delete new views. The issue I am having is specifically the Data Import section of the Property.

It has also been working for years and just a few weeks ago disappeared. I cannot imagine I am the only one having this issue but I cannot find anybody describing the same problem googling.

Really frustrating, the problem still persists and I can not therefore upload new cost data for my paid campaigns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here since a few days, also no solutions in sight. Interestingly enough only the properties where campaign data was imported stopped working. Other properties that had no imports before still seem to be working - at least the button to add new imports is still visible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, glad to know I am not alone.

Really annoying. It's been 3 weeks since my post and the problem persists. Does anybody have some kind of direct support line with Googla Analytics team? Smiley Happy

As this seems to be only read by the community.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mine are now simply working again - no message, nothing else changed. Just mysteriously started working again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the message and you are right, it is also working for me! Yesterday I checked and it did not work yet. As you say, no message or nothing. I guess that sadly is the communication style of Google. No "admission of guilt" Smiley Happy Because I am quite sure they screwed up somewhere to introduce this problem.

Well, at least it is fixed now.

Re: Data Import Cost Data Profile Disappeared And Not Able To Add New

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I might have celebrated too early.

Just made an actual cost data csv file and tried uploading it to my cost data profile.

The upload seems to be going well and I get no error messages but the actual file does stay in the uploaded list, it disappears.

As you can see the latest successfull upload is from February: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pncdc0iikxxq22y/Screenshot%202017-04-03%2011.13.06.jpg?dl=0

Bummer, Google seem to have refactored the functionality but in the process introduced quite a few bugs.