Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Data Gone Again

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

A couple weeks ago we stopped receiving analytics on our blog, blog.potterybarn.com. I logged into our analytics account and it looks like our data has disappeared. This happened last june and this was the email we received from you guys:

Hello,
We want to inform you that Google Analytics account "Inside & Out (UA-36801110)" has been restored by <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
1 property within that account was restored.
1 view within that account was restored.
All historical data (before this account was scheduled for deletion) has been restored and we will resume processing data for these properties if they are still tagged. This message was sent to all users with Edit access to this account.
Sincerely,
The Google Analytics Team

Can we please have it restored again and what can we do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,

Rick

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specific and personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Data Gone Again

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mary E,

This is a community volunteer forum, so the email you received would not have come from here, but rather from actual Google employees. Smiley Happy

Looks like you have two tracking objects on the page, so they could be conflicting. Try to debug it with Tag Assistant, which is a free plugin.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn