Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Dashboard Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a user that has created dashboards that have been shared.

If we delete this user are we assured that the dashboards that have been shared and copied will remain?

Also, if we delete this user do we just need to ensure that there is another user that has equal user rights?

Many thank...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike F
November 2016

Dashboard Ownership

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To the best of my knowledge if the dashboard is listed as being a shared dashboard (not a private dashboard) then it should remain in place if the user that originally shared it is deleted.

Also, if we delete this user do we just need to ensure that there is another user that has equal user rights?

Depends what you mean by that. Do you have any other means of access to the Account and/or Property apart from the user that is to be deleted?

If you are unsure about access and permissions, you could always add a test user and use the test user account to change the permissions at various levels to see how it affects what is seen by another user with the same permissions and the various levels

More reading here in the help docs re shared dashboards.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1069386

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike F
November 2016

Dashboard Ownership

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To the best of my knowledge if the dashboard is listed as being a shared dashboard (not a private dashboard) then it should remain in place if the user that originally shared it is deleted.

Depends what you mean by that. Do you have any other means of access to the Account and/or Property apart from the user that is to be deleted?

If you are unsure about access and permissions, you could always add a test user and use the test user account to change the permissions at various levels to see how it affects what is seen by another user with the same permissions and the various levels

More reading here in the help docs re shared dashboards.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1069386

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Dashboard Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response.

"To the best of my knowledge if the dashboard is listed as being a shared dashboard (not a private dashboard) then it should remain in place if the user that originally shared it is deleted."

I carried out a test with a test account:

- Created dashboard with the account that was to be deleted

- Shared the dashboard with principal account

- Deleted user that created shared dashboard

- The dashboard remained in place with no impact

Just to be 100% I also made sure to set the user roles to have the same admin type role for all accounts and properties.

This seemed to do it!

Dashboard Ownership

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Happy to hear you have it all sorted out :-)