Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Channel Channel groupings can't be saved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Since yesterday I haven't been able to save, copy, or share & import any Custom Channel Groupings no matter the account or the contents of the Groupings.

Clicking the save button has no effect, and when looking in the debugger I see the network response to the POST for save to be: {"update-response"{"status":"ERROR"},"error":"unavailable"}

Anyone else having this issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Jason, I haven't heard of that issue before, and I'm not seeing it myself either. Have you tried a different browser? If that problem still persists, maybe try to clear your cache.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nicky,

I have tried different browsers, different accounts, different network locations, etc.

Other people have seen this issue as well as described here:

https://code.google.com/p/analytics-issues/issues/detail?id=1189

Though that ticket was marked invalid since it is not an API issue per se.

Thanks!

Jason

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I was the one who opened the issue at code.google.com. It's still not working for me.

I have tried everything: deleted all the cookies, cache, different browsers, etc.

One important thing Jason forgot to mention is that the problem only occurs with the Custom Channel Grouping (BETA) function under the 'Personal Tools & Assets' category in the Admin tab.

When making or editing a Custom Channel Grouping in Channel Settings > Channel Grouping, everything works (for me).

Thanks for your help Nicky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Peter for the clarification, yes I have the same problem, it only applies to personal Custom Channel Groupings not view-level Channel Groupings.

However, I am also unable to template share a view-level Channel Grouping. I can save a new one and copy it, but I can't successfully share it to a different property. So if I go to a grouping like https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=_5dPjRyCS-SV-1_q3s8ycw and try to import it nothing happens.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi, all,

I'm seeing the same thing in my account, too, so I've raised it to the 360 forum to see if anybody else has seen this. If still nothing, then I'll raise it up to Google Engineering for input.

Thanks!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

All, just FYI, this is a known technical issue, which Google Engineers are working to resolve. I'll post an update here as soon as there is any progress.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nicky,

This has improved somewhat but is not fixed yet.

I can now create a copy of a custom channel grouping and do a template share, but I still cannot edit an existing grouping as it gives me the same error as from my original post.

Thanks, Jason

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nicky for raising the issue up to Google Engineering.

I think the problem is solved by now.
I tested to make, share and edit a Custom Channel Grouping and everything works just as it should Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Whoops, I cheered to soon. Jason was right, editing is still not working.