Analytics
6.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Alert firing when it shoudln't

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have a custom alert set up on one of our accounts with the rule being "All traffic bounce rate % increases by more than 20% compared to previous day".

Now I seem to be getting emails when the bounce rate spike day on day is just under 20%, for example last time I got an alert bounce rate went from 44.6% to 62.6% = 18% pts. difference.

Is the issue here the fact I want 20% *points* difference whereas the alert is actually looking at 20%?

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author George S
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi George,

Yes, exactly - it's meant to be the relative percentage increase, even if the relevant metric is a percentage itself. So, it's not percentage points or difference. Just adjust your alert to an amount of difference that should really alert you (and not to annoy you because it arrives all the time).

Best, Christoph

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author George S
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi George,

Yes, exactly - it's meant to be the relative percentage increase, even if the relevant metric is a percentage itself. So, it's not percentage points or difference. Just adjust your alert to an amount of difference that should really alert you (and not to annoy you because it arrives all the time).

Best, Christoph

s m
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
s m
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar issue

s m
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
s m
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had similar issue, removed it entirely and still was sending me notifications (emails, txts)