Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Creating a new Google Analytics Account and move existing website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

we recently changed website providers. I continue to use the analytic account that was set up by my old provider. I am a USER not an Administrator on that account and use one of my gmail email addresses to sign on. i want to set up a new analytics account that I am administrator, move my website to the new account. prevent anyone form having access unless I grant it. I also want to be sure I wont lose any of the historical data associated with the website while it was associated with the old account. Doable?

Joe 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating a new Google Analytics Account and move existing website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joe :-)
You need to ask them to add you as an administrator with all permissions at the analytics Account level, not the Property level.
There may be a number of legitimate reasons as to why they may not be able to do that.
Regarding losing historical data, as you don't have administrator access at this point in time, if they decide to delete the analytics account and/or property or any Views etc, or remove you as a user then you will lose that data.

In regards to adding your site to a new account.. simply create a new Analytics account with a new Property and remove any tracking code for the account setup by the old provider and replace it with the newly created one.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is timely.
My question is similar.....

7 years ago created a GA account.
Now I'm restructuring my business, having created a new Google Business Apps account.
I too would like to move my GA account data.

How can I move the GA accounts & data over to the new Google business gMail?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, so if i can't go to the old provider the best I can do is move the website going forward. will this eliminate access to the old data for everyone? the old provider who setup the account as well?

joe