Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Create a New Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage several website all with Google Analytics enabled. When I try to create a new account, Google will not let me enter a New account name. Instead it gives my a dropdown list of all my previous accounts, so I am unable to create a new account.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Any chance you've hit the cap? There is a 100 Account limit. 

Thanks,

Jen 

Re: Create a New Analytics account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
the last option in the drop down should be Create new account with how many out of 100 accounts you currently have in use

newacc.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I only have about 10 accounts on Analytics. I just can’t crate a new account, When I click to start a new Analytics account, it only offers the dropdown list of the current acccounts for log-in.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Thomas W
are you able to please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing when you click the drop down

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Thomas,

How are you trying to add the new Account?

I would recommend:

- Clicking on Admin (gear icon) located in the bottom left corner

- Then Clicking on the Account drop down located in the middle of the page (and not the Account drop down in the top left)

- The Create new account should be available at the bottom of the list.

I suspect you're trying to add a new Account from the top left drop down which is just for navigation between your Accounts/Properties/Views.

Cheers,

JD