Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Create Multiple Custom Dimensions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings!

I'm in charge of creating new properties and applying a fixed list of around 20 Custom Dimensions for each one (28 dimensions for premium properties).

As the process of creating each dimension takes a while, I'm looking for a way to create multiple custom dimensions in a single action, just sending the name and the scope of the dimension in a list.

Is there any javaScript that can do this job instantly, just receiving an Array of the names and scopes as input?

Best regards!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you know Python, I have just the scripts for you

https://github.com/analyticsftw/pyGACustomDimensions

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great stuff, Julien, thank you!

I'm familiayzed with Python. I was trying to develop using Management API to automate this and other operational jobs I have, but I got stucked in the white-listing process for my Google Project, as it was still in BETA. Am I able to use your script as my Project has not been white-listed yet?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Julien Coquet can you help me define some custom dimensions for non eCommerce business websites also what are some events that I can create? 

Re: Create Multiple Custom Dimensions

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Sorry Eduardo, this slipped under my radar.

indeed, my scripts should only work with active projects.

If not an option, you'd have to use another authentication method such as oAuth instead of the user+key method I use here.

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Vinay Krishna P ask yourself what kind of attributes you'd like to capture about your users, your content or your interactions ;-)