Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Copy a view to another property

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks,

Quick question - is it possible to copy a view with customised channel groupings to another property, without building from scratch?

Thanks,

Ben

1 Expert replyverified_user

Copy a view to another property

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

You cant copy the View itself but as far as i can tell, you should be able to copy or share the Custom Channel Grouping

Copy, share, or delete a Custom Channel Grouping
After you have created and saved a Custom Channel Grouping, you can copy, delete, or share it directly with others, or share it in the Solutions Gallery.

When you share a Custom Channel Grouping, only the configuration information is shared. Your data remains private. Learn more about sharing assets, including how to share many Custom Channel Groupings at the same time.

You can also delete or copy a Custom Channel Grouping. When you copy a Custom Grouping, you can use it as a foundation for creating another Custom Channel Grouping.

To copy, share, or delete a Custom Channel Grouping:

Sign in to your Analytics Account.
Select the Admin tab.
Navigate to your desired view.
In the View column, click Custom Channel Groupings.
From the Actions drop-down menu, select Copy, Share, or Delete.

ref https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6010097?hl=en#share_custom_channel_grouping

I've not tried it with this, but usually when i am sharing assets between accounts etc, i just copy the url the interface gives me and paste it into the browser address bar.. which then lets me choose which Account, Property or View I want to apply whatever it is to.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here