Analytics
3.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion goal settings limited by account access?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to use the custom goal setup to track conversions but that feature isn't available for one one of the customer accounts that I handle. 

For the other accounts, when entering the Goal setup section, I get these options:

goalsetup_standard.png

But this account only provides these options:

goalsetup_thisAccount.png

It's in Swedish but it's only the most basic goal templates: page url, session time, pages per session and events.

Is this something that has to do with account access and, if so, what would need to be changed in the account access? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion goal settings limited by account access?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, those are the default goal types in Google Analytics.

Were you expecting something else?
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, as you can see in the top screendump, I have more options for goal setting in other accounts I manage. The biggest issue with this is that I can't get to the custom setup for this account. It seems these basic templates are the only options available to me and that creates a problem since they are so basic I can only use 2 matching types for the destination URL: "exact match" and "begins with".

Well this website I'm working on for this customer is huge and has parts that are mirrored - the same content is shown with different URL:s, like this:
/Research/cancer shows the same page as /Universityhospital/Research/cancer for example.

That's why I want to put custom goals so this won't be a problem by setting another matching type for the destination "ends with". Then it won't matter if the page I wanna track (cancer) has one or the other URL:s

But it seems like I won't be able to do that
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ulrika E
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Dont' worry, the mentions in the top screenshots are merely Goal naming templates. You can just ignore those and create your own goal as you see fit.
About your goal definition, use a goal with a match type of "regular expression" and enter "/Research/cancer" and it will match both /Research/cancer and /Universityhospital/Research/cancer
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That should solve it, thanks! Still doesn't know why all the goal types won't appear in this account but I put the issue up on the Account Management section as well so I'm hoping someone will provide an explanation or a theory there Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Please don't double post :-|