Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Content Report for subdomains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we have a website where customers are supposed to configurate their product on a subdomain. They get send back to the domain when the product is ready to be ordered. So it makes something like this: domain.com/product-> configuration.domain.com-> domain.com/cart

We have configured the Google Tag Manager to take this subdomain into account. However, it doesn't show up into the content report into Analytics. I am not sure whether it has to be specifically added to Analytics (we use no premium version), if so, where and how. 

What can we do to get the number of visits to that specific subdomain? We want to use it as a reference for an external tracking tool, which does get such number, and compare how accurate that is.

Thanks,

Pauline.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Content Report for subdomains

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pauline :-)

Have you created a New View in GA with the following filter (it prepends the domain name to the Request URI)
Filter Type: Custom filter > Advanced
Field A: Hostname Extract A: (.*)
Field B: Request URI Extract: (.*)
Output To: Request URI Constructor: $A1$B1
Click Save to create the filter.

Reason for doing this is because out of the box GA doesnt report the domain name, just the Request URI
This will prepend the domain name in the reports so taht you can see wht domains particular pageviews occur
on

Also when you say you have configured GTM to take the subdomain into account..
Is the cookie domain in GTM set to 'auto'
(Im assuming the sudomain is using the same tracking id that is used on the main parent domain)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here