Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Configure Google Play Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Link Configuration has apparently been updated and when I follow the instructions to update my app link to Analytics I get the message "Internal Error. Please try again later." So here I am a few months later and still unable to enable the link to my app.

This is in "Property Settings" and I have checked that the correct app is connected. Am at my wits' end trying to think of what else to try. Help, please. Smiley Sad

Enable Link = Internal ErrorEnable Link = Internal Error

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Configure Google Play Link

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Karen,

These integrations can be frustrating! The most common problem I've seen is not having the proper access on both sides (Google Play and Analytics in this case.)

"This linking can only be done by someone who has Edit permission in Google Analytics, and uses the same email address in both the Play Developer Console and in the Analytics account. Linking a Google Analytics account that’s associated with one email address with a Google Play Developer Console that’s associated with a different address is currently not supported."

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2956981?hl=en

That said, it looks like it's set up from your screenshot and internal error is what you get if it's already configured. You should be able to go into your app view and see something like this in Acquisition:

ss app market.png

I hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn