Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Company admin of Google Analytics account unknown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I recently started working for a new company and no one knows who the admin of their google analytics account is. How can I verify?

Cheers,

Vera

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Company admin of Google Analytics account unknown

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vera H,

Because of security and privacy, there is no way to determine this info. What you can do is start the process of attempting to claim admin access/ownership of it. I would suggest you take a look at this thread that covers the process and follow it step by step.

If you do not know the Analytics Account ID, you can install Google Tag Assistant, a free Google Chrome extension. You can use these instructions to learn how to use it to gain account info.  

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks James!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Very welcome and best wishes on the journey forward.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

Is the company admin someone from google? I'm not with a company, I'm just registering as an individual as I want to do the courses. I'm told that I'm awaiting approval from company admin?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Carolyn C,

The company admin is not Google... it is the person registered as the owner/admin of the account. 

Kind Regards,

James