Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Company admin of Google Analytics account unknown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @J Clemens.

The thread you linked to is over two years old now, and the interface of AdWords has since changed. For instance, there is no Contact Us option through which a person can submit an email. Also, it doesn't currently seem possible to setup an AdWords account without submitting payment information, as was the case when that tutorial was written. 

Is there a more current procedure for regaining ownership of an Analytics account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Company admin of Google Analytics account unknown

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Justen P,

Actually you posted in an old thread, which is why the information may be outdated. It is best to start a new thread for new topics instead of pulling up something old, adding to it, refreshing the conversation, alerting all the past people in the thread... and essentially bringing it back to life. 

With that said, I understand you need help with accessing your Analytics account, so let's see what we can do. 

Please use this link and proceed to fill it out with the last option: 

1) I can’t find an Analytics administrator,  2) The Analytics administrator left the company, 3) I lost administrative access or 4) I want to upgrade my access.

Now follow the directions provided, including the link at the end: Contact Us, which is a web form to complete the process.

Please note that you will need to create an AdWords account before submitting the form... and you can simply create the account, add in billing details, and make one ad and pause it. Once you have access to the Analytics account, you can simply cancel the account.

All the Best,

James