Analytics
5.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Company Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

The leadership here at Horich Hector Lebow Advertising would like to get an idea of what traffic to our website looks like. Our site is hosted by Mission Media who we've contacted in regard to accessing our Google Analytics account, if we have one. Their response was that it looks as though there is a Google Analytics tracking code within the html of our site, but they aren't sure who has access to the GA account. The person who would've been responsible for handling the account has since moved on from the company and their email address has been deactivated for over a year. My question is, if we do already have a GA account but the email used to create the account is no longer active, is there any way for us to access the old account which would contain historical web traffic data or, do we need to create an entirely new account and only have web traffic data from that day forward? Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Company Analytics Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashley :-)
You should look into an Account recovery. It may not necessarily give you admin control of the analytics account in which case you wil  need to create a new GA Account and swap out the tracking code, however it successful it should at least give you access to the historical data available for the current tracking.

There is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this (its the one marked as best answer)
You will still need to create an Adwords account to access the support options, doing so is free and has no costs
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here