Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Combining a Subdomain into our main domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We originally created a store as a sub domain(store.ourdomain.com) to our main domain (ourdomain.com).

We've decided against this and now want our store located on our main domain under ourdomain.com/store.

I've made the necessary changes for this and have 301 redirects in place to smooth the transition but...

We already have google analytics 'property' for ourdomain.com using the old analytics API. The new one I setup for store.ourdomain.com uses the new API and now doesn't seem to be working. What do I need to do to upgrade the old ourdomain.com analytics and incorporate the new traffic going to ourdomain.com/store.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Alistair

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACVoG
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Every property is Universal Analytics now, the old properties were upgraded automatically.

Just make sure you install the Universal Analytics tracking code on every page on the site and tracking should work fine.

Please check the document below about adding GA tracking to your site:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm still not sure how to do this.

When I setup Analytics on the subdomain I used v3.0 with OAuth which means it's all linked via the ClientID and Profile I setup in the google developer console.

The main site is currently using the google-analytics javascipt snippet with the UA-*** account number specified in the page. The main site and its various pages are just static HTML pages but the /store/ is a dynamic prestashop site.

I imagine using the v3.0 clientID on the static pages is the way to go but how do I achieve this. Currently the store.ourdomain.com's analytics page is getting no data which I assume is due to the move which is 301 redirected to /store/. The ourdomain.com analytics property seems to be working fine but is not yet showing any data for the /store/ pages due to the incorrect clientID etc??

I find the developer console settings pretty confusing but it doesn't seem to be set to a particular domain... is this correct?

Hope some of this makes sense