Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Combining Google Analytics accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our organization manages a series of schools and when setting up Google Analytics for each of the schools' website, a NEW GA account was created for each.

Now we've got 20+ accounts for each school (and updating things like FILTERS is tedious).

School One (Account)
   - School One (Property)

- ALL WEBSITE DATA (view)

- REMOVE SPAM (view)

School Two (Account)

- School Two (Property)

- REMOVE SPAM (view)

Can I create a top-level folder and MOVE "School One" and "School Two" as PROPERTIES of the main ACCOUNT? Like so?

COMPANY (Account)

- School One (Property)

- REMOVE SPAM (view)       

- School Two (Property)

- REMOVE SPAM (view)

- School Three (Property)

- REMOVE SPAM (view)

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Combining Google Analytics accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Michael,

Unfortunately it is not possible to move the properties between the accounts.

"You cannot migrate historical data from one account to another. Thus, if you set up an account for a property and then later want to move tracking to a separate account, you cannot currently migrate the data from the old account to the new account. "

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1102152#analytics_accounts

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Combining Google Analytics accounts

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Michael M,

Just a tidbit of helpful info. One thing to note about filters is that they are set/configured at the Account-level. When you create a filter through a particular View, you are actually creating it "into" the Account. I've seen this happen many times before as well, where if you have filter A for View A, and then you want to have the same filter A in View B, you might erroneously be creating the same filter for View B. What you should do is to just select the existing filter A and apply it to View B.

So if you are in your GA account, and you look for "Filters" under the Account, you will see all the filters you have ever created for that particular account. From here, you can select which filters apply to which views, so that you don't have to go into each view, one by one, to apply filters.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn