Analytics
6.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Client not able to access same data in analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I gave full analytics access to a client so that he could see the same data that I am seeing.  But when he logs in, he is not able to see anything.  It shows one day of data then a complete drop-off.  We've checked dates, view settings and report settings and still nothing.  I've deleted him and added him again using a gmail email and still nothing.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ellen

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Are you sure you gave access to correct view?

Thanks,

Sura

Re: Client not able to access same data in analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
He has access to all 4 options. But when he kids in, it shows all zeros.

Ellen

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any filter enabled in the view?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

I'm afraid the obvious answer is that they are looking at the wrong view, this could be - for example - as a result of the client using the wrong login credentials. Simply put, the data will be the same no matter where or how you look at it. I'd recommend:

- create a new gmail address and add this to the account. Share the username and login in details with the client, see if you observe the same data when logged in with this identity

- double check that you are looking at the same property, the same view (confirm via the ID number in both the property and view admin panels)

- check that the client does indeed have the same access levels that you do

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

also, check that you are looking at the same reports in GA. i.e. you could be looking at audience overview and they may be looking at something else. 

Check they have no segments active.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.