Analytics
3.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Clearing Authorization Lost Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently when I logged into my WordPress website no information from the google analytics plugin was showing. Instead of the usual graph the box said something like 'No data currently available'. I found a solution mentioned in a forum - to clear authorisation and re-authorise the email address. This worked in that the error message went away and the usual google analytics came back. However all the data disappeared and the count for page views etc started from scratch. Essentially it seems to have lost over a year of data.

Is this always what happens when you clear and reauthorize?

Is there any way of getting the data back?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Clearing Authorization Lost Data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @SHARECITY R

If there was an issue with the plugin not being installed or not being correctly authorized then any data not tracked for that period of time that the issue existed is not recoverable.

If it was correctly installed and tracking, then clearing and reauthorizing should connect it back to the account it was reporting data into, which you should still be able to access via logging into google analytics.

Usually for issues with 3rd party plugins not working as expected, you will need to seek support via the plugin developer/creator.

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here