Analytics
3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Charges on Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a wix website and I was thinking about getting Google analytics account . However one thing in Terms&Conditions worries me. 

T&C say:

"Subject to Section 15, the Service is provided without charge to You for up to 10 million Hits per month per account. Google may change its fees and payment policies for the Service from time to time including the addition of costs for geographic data, the importing of cost data from search engines, or other fees charged to Google or its wholly-owned subsidiaries by third party vendors for the inclusion of data in the Service reports. The changes to the fees or payment policies are effective upon Your acceptance of those changes which will be posted at www.google.com/analytics/. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars."

People say it's a free service and I don't suppose I will have a problems with reaching 10million hits but I am wondering about the underlined sentence. Can I be charged anything without my consent or based solely on acceptance of the Google Analytics T&C? The next sentence suggests I shouldn't be but I need to make sure. Does one get an e-mail warning when reaching the 10 million threshold or if any other charges may apply?

best,

Kate

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

It may sound like a big thing: 10 million hits per month. Feel free to use.

If you go over this limit, the Google Analytics team might contact you and ask you to upgrade to Premium (which has recently been replaced by Analytics 360 as a part of Google Analytics 360 Suitesource).

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure if it answers my question fully.

So when I reach 10million a month they'll contact me. What about any other charges? Can they charge me without a warning?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes they will contact you and ask you if you want to go for premium. There is no other charges. They won't charge you without contacting you.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Santosh!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you don't provide your credit card, you can't be charged. Google Analytics is free - the paid version is Google Analytics 360. At most, Google would change the limits and data available on the free service.