Analytics
3.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Changing email on Google Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know if you can change the email (gmail) being used for a specific analytics account?  

I originally used 1 gmail for 2 separate businesses.  When a second gmail was created it was connected to our YouTube channel and our Google+ page, however our analytics (linked to both properties) resides on the first email.  

How can I change the email so that everything for the second business resides on 1 gmail?

I've searched and searched, but can't find the answer.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shelley Q
September 2016

Re: Changing email on Google Analytics Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Shelley :-)
If you log into Analytics with the email addy that currently accesses it
Click the Admin tab at the top of the GA interface..
Then make sure to select the applicable GA Account in the first column drop down
then still in that first column.. click User Management below the drop down
In the right pane below the table where it says Add permissions for
and add the new email addy.. and in the drop down to the right of the field, make sure all 4 permission boxes are checked
and then click the Add button below.

Once that is done.. log out.. then log into GA with the email address you just added.. make sure the permissions allow you to
create new filters, add new users at the GA Account level etc to ensure you do the full permissions have been granted correctly.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shelley Q
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Shelley :-)
If you log into Analytics with the email addy that currently accesses it
Click the Admin tab at the top of the GA interface..
Then make sure to select the applicable GA Account in the first column drop down
then still in that first column.. click User Management below the drop down
In the right pane below the table where it says Add permissions for
and add the new email addy.. and in the drop down to the right of the field, make sure all 4 permission boxes are checked
and then click the Add button below.

Once that is done.. log out.. then log into GA with the email address you just added.. make sure the permissions allow you to
create new filters, add new users at the GA Account level etc to ensure you do the full permissions have been granted correctly.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Brownyn,

Thank you so much for providing such a detailed answer. It worked! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
Have a great day!
Shelley

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome Shelley, :-)
happy to hear it was helpful and you were able to use it to resolve your issue

Cheers
Bronwyn