Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Changing Tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

We launched a site a month or so ago that utilized a certain tracking ID in the code. Looking at our GA console today, we've realized that that code and GA property is nowhere to be found on the dashboard for some odd reason. I've checked the trash bin just in case someone deleted the property but nothing is there. Is there a way to create a new GA property and assign a certain tracking ID to it? Or is it better off to just modify the tracking ID in the code to the newly generated code? Will we lose analytic data by doing this? Thanks in advance.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vincent P
April

Changing Tracking ID

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Vincent,

In your case you have to create a new property and modify tracking code with newly generated code. Yes you will not able to track historical data because property is deleted and there is nothing in trash bin.

Thanks

Changing Tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello this is my first time asking a question in this community. My situation is the same when I go and find the code in my webisite is neither one of the codes I see in my analytics account. Can I just alter what is in my Google Analytics account to match the code that is embedded on my webiste?

Changing Tracking ID

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The property id in GA can be used on website not vice versa.

Re: Changing Tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. I have gone to GA Tracker and found the code that is located on my website. It returned all of the relevant pages but when I open up my Google analytics there are two other UA codes there but not the same one I see on my website.

I would image that at some point the code on my site was issued by GA so how do I access it in Analytics to see the traffic. Was is reauthentication and will something like that work.

Metro
National Sales Director
949-315-5520
[Description: Macintosh HD:Users:MetroSmiley Very Happyesktop:twitterfinal.png][Description: Macintosh HD:Users:MetroSmiley Very Happyesktop:insfinal.png][Description: Macintosh HD:Users:MetroSmiley Very Happyesktop:linkedfinal.png][Description: Macintosh HD:Users:MetroSmiley Very Happyesktop:facebookfinal.png][Description: Macintosh HD:Users:MetroSmiley Very Happyesktop:youtubefinal.png]
[Description: Macintosh HD:Users:MetroSmiley Very Happyesktop:2017emailsignature.jpg]

Re: Changing Tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

where is the tracking number:

When I find it how do i use it with my website.

Carol