Analytics
6.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Changing Analytics Property Tracking ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been added to an existing analytics account for a site. The issue I have is that when I log in, it doesn't show me any details for the tracking ID that is being used on the site at the moment. 

My question is this: Am I able to change the tracking ID of a property, and if so, how?

I know I could just use the new tracking ID from a new property on the site but that would mean I would lose all previous data and potentially cause the same issue for the other person tracking the site.

Kind regards,

Mos

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
August

Re: Changing Analytics Property Tracking ID

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mos,

There is no way to change the ID of a property. It's a unique identifier that cannot be changed.
If you want to re-gain access to a property, please check the thread below:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mos,

There is no way to change the ID of a property. It's a unique identifier that cannot be changed.
If you want to re-gain access to a property, please check the thread below:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

Thanks for that. I've emailed the person who was responsible for the current analytics and asked them to add me as a user. Hopefully that works.

Thanks again,

Mos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My question is this: Am I able to change the tracking ID of a property, and if so, how?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Emalka H

No

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Analytics Solutions Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here