Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Change the existing Google Analytics account to my access data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

a while ago I have taken over the google analytics account including all passwords and his e-mail from an old collegue. I still use it, which works fine so far. But now asked to sign this new contract for using google analystics I would prefer to change the data to my personal access names and delet his one. Obviously I dont want to use any existing data.

So - how do I do this?

Regards

Angela

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change the existing Google Analytics account to my access data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You have two choices - if you really do not want any of the old data, just create a brand new Google Analytics account using your own login account and change the tracking code on your website to the new GA Account tracking code

or

If you may want the old data, add your login account to the Account Admin with Manage Users permission, then change to your login and remove the other user's old login account. You can use the same tracking code OR create a new Property in the same Account to get another tracking code and switch the website to the new tracking code. This method keeps the old traffic available in case you want to refer to historical information.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.